Wednesday, July 15, 2009

She's Going

So after a few weeks of back and forth on trying to decide IF I would be able to let Alexis stay with my Aunt for the month of August and fly back here on her own...we have come to a decision!

She will be going, but I changed her ticket to a flight where there is a stop but no change of planes. When I call the airline customer service to change her flight I started talking to the rep asking if they had a lot of unaccompanied minors that fly. She said a ton and was surprised that I was this worried about a 12 year old doing it. Kids only have to be 5.. yes 5 to fly alone!! WHAT?!?? Are you kidding me? I could NEVER do it.. i would be a nervous wreck the whole time putting a 5 yr old on a plane alone!

So needless to say Alexis is thrilled!! And shocked i think that I finally said yes. Let's say a little prayer that all goes well and I don't have a heart attack when she flies back here ALONE next month!

3 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

At least you were able to find a flight that she doesn't have to switch planes. That can take a little bit of stress off you. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Whitnie said...

YAY! You are such a spaz. LOL

Just Me said...

I am scared of flying alone at 28!