Monday, June 23, 2008

Alexis' 5th Grade Promotion

On June 11th Alexis celebrated her 5th grade promotion. Which means this fall my little girl will be moving on to middle school (YIKES). She was so excited for the ceremony and the luncheon with a DJ that they had afterwards. I don;t remember having anything like that when I was in the 5th grade. I was so happy to finally get her in to a dress and looking like a girl. It is bitter sweet watching her grow in to a young woman.













This picture was taken the morning of the ceremony. She and Marissa were getting along so well that morning. I think Marissa was excited that since her big sister was graduating, she got to miss class to come down and watch the ceremony.
















I know this isn't the clearest picture, but I had to include it because it is a full shot of Alexis in a dress with her hair down and not up in a ponytail like every other day!!


















Alexis was so happy that her dad was able to come down from NY to see her ceremony.







Alexis was one of only 2 kids in the 5th grade class to receive the leadership award. You should have seen the look on her face when they announced her name. I had a feeling it was going to be her, but she insisted that it couldn't be!!

1 comment:

Faith said...

It is so great to see all of you! Lexi looks so pretty. I can't believe her and Freddy will be in Jr. High! Love you guys!