Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nancy's Wedding and Baltimore

Last Saturday Ed and I headed down to Maryland for my friend Nancy's wedding. Nancy is a friend of mine that I met in tech school for the Air Force. As I was talking with some of the people at the wedding most of which I have not seen in atleast 10 years it dawned on me that I have known Nancy for almost 14 years... it seems like yesterday that she lived just down the hall from me. CRAZY how time goes by. Anyway last weekend she and her fiance Keith were married.






She looked absolutely beautiful! It was a perfect day for a wedding. The reception was outside on a balcony over looking the water.











Tori was so happy the whole time. It was great. I thought back to my wedding when Ed and I got married and Marissa (who then was about the same age as Tori) cried her eyes out for about 15 minutes becasusefor some reason in her little head she thought that once I married Ed that meant that I would be leaving to be with him and she would not be a part of that. As soona as she caught up with me out side of the church and was reassured that we were all staying together.. it was smiles all night LOL


I think Tori looks like a mini Nancy!










Here is the happy couple just after being pronounced man and wife!





Rick also announced this weekend that he is engaged. We still have not met Sarah, seems like every time we get together she unfortunately has plans. Last weekend she was in Nebraska, her hometown visiting for a long Easter break :(

















While Nancy and Keith were having their first dance as a new couple I thought it was so sweet that Tori came right up and joined in!















Since we were so close to the Inner Harbor we decided to meet back up with Rick for lunch at Ed's very favorite place ESPN Zone.. he can not get enough of their nachos and the only other one that is even semi close to us is in NY.






We had a nice little mini-vacation without the kids. Thanks goodness for grandma's!

3 comments:

michelle said...

u know i agree wth the... "thank goodness for grandmas!!"

great pics.im sure u guys needed to get away after the last few weeks!

Tracy's Porch said...

Yup - love the grandmas :-)

Love weddings so much.

Just Me said...

That really looked like a great wedding location. And I agree that the nachos at EZPN Zone kick butt! Glad you had fun! You and Ed looked great in that picture over the water.