Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

The night before Easter we put Jillian to bed and then the older girls dyed Easter eggs. I figured she was to little this year, but hopefully next year she will be ready for it. This was her right before she went to bed.. all smiles as usual! Her face in this picture absolutely cracks me up! She reminds me of a little mouse! ( well really a rat with her nose all scrunched up and her two big front teeth showing!)




Alexis and Marissa are so artistic! LOL



Easter morning all of the kids came downstairs and hunted for their baskets then Alexis and Marissa got ready to go to church with Grandma Smith. They were both so excited about helping her usher this week and about having the Easter egg hunt at the church.
Alexis looks so much older to me in this picture!



Later in the afternoon we headed over to Ed's cousins house for Easter dinner and yet another hunt.


Jillian had fun playing with all of the eggs before they were hidden....












and then later she discovered that they had candy in them!
























Alexis, Marissa and Ed's cousin Rachel counting up all of their eggs!








All of the "kids" after the big hunt. I put kids in quotations because Lauren really isn't a kid.. she will be going off to college this fall!
It was a fun day, we walked over to a little park that is near their house and let the kids play for a while. Then later we had a contest.. everyone had to decorate a hat and bring it to be judged. We left before the judging was finished, but everyone was really creative!
I still need to put Jillian's first Easter Bunny picture up, but I will have to scan it first because at our mall.. taking your own pictures with the bunny is highly discouraged!!!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

That is some very fancy Easter Egg Dying!! Looks like fun!

As for Broadway, I would have suggested Wicked & Mary Poppins, but I don't really know what else to go to! There is always the Lion King, which I heard was amazing, though never saw. There is also Shrek the Musical and The Little Mermaid. I just love the theatre, so I am sure whatever you pick will be great!

Daily dose of Dana said...

Hey Stacy, I hope you had a nice Easter it looks like the girls did for sure!!! I hope that Wal Mart Lady lightens up a little!!!! I was at the one on the Parkway, and I do feel bad blogging about her but I just had to share the awkardness was crazy!