Saturday, January 3, 2009

MARISSA'S FIRST GAME OF '09


Marissa's first game of the season was this morning. This year there seems to be a bit more action!!! Last year on her second grade team everyone was still just barely learning and it didn't make for very exciting games! We are not yet at the age where they run the score board and make a big deal over who won or lost and they still only play 1/2 court, but it was still a lot more fun to watch this year. Here are few shots of Marissa doing her thing!








I love her so serious and concentrated face in this picture. See how her tongue is shoved to one side of her mouth??? Total concentration!!!!








And Alexis actually rolled out of bed this morning to come and watch. This made Marissa extremely happy. She is always saying "Alexis never supports me and she never comes to my games". So today we were all there cheering her on!


Jillian munching some cookies to try to keep her still. She is so at the age where she wants nothing to do with sitting around!




This should be a fun and exciting season!!!







3 comments:

Just Me said...

To be honest, I don't like watching basketball on tv or even going to games... but it was always one of those sports that I wanted to learn to play. Wish I played basketball rather than cheerleading and dancing (although that was fun).

Memories of us said...

LMc,

Neither of my older girls will do any kind of dance. Marissa did gymnastics for a while but it started to get really really expensive so I cut it off. I'm hoping the baby will be a total girly girls and want to do dance!!!

Just Me said...

Well, if the baby is influenced by her big sisters a lot - good luck with that!!! Maybe you can influence her while she is still young... my mom put me in dance when as soon as i was potty-trained.