Tuesday, January 6, 2009



Right before the Christmas break and my two weeks off, we decided that we wanted to take Jillian out of the day care center that she has been going to since October. Many days I walked in to her class room to see that there were 6 or 7 babies and only one teacher. After talking with the director about it and having it happen 3 more times Ed and I decided it would be best to just look for a new center. I don't feel like any one person can take care of seven infants under a year old. I did really like her teacher and the assistant, but they were NEVER working on the same days let alone in the same room at any given time. Both teachers were so friendly, but I felt so uncomfortable leaving her there on the days that her room was pretty much full and there was only one adult in the room.

Jillian's first day at the new place was yesterday. So far everything seems to be ok. Only now she has started that stage where all she wants is me, so dropping her off this morning was heart breaking! One of the teachers was trying to help and put her hands out to Jillian.. Jillian screamed and buried her face in my shoulder. I got her to sit and play with some toys on the floor for a few minutes and then went to leave. I made the mistake of waving goodbye to her through the little window and she lost it and started screaming. I'm pretty sure it only lasted a few minutes but I felt horrible leaving her there. When Alexis and Marissa were this little they didn't go to daycare so this is kind of new for me! I KNOW this is just a stage she is going through but it really came at a bad time! Let's just hope this place works out!!!!???!!

3 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

I would have changed centers too, I hope the new one works out! I love that pic, she is adorable!

Tracy's Porch said...

I'm sos orry the center wasn't workingout. I hope this new one is better! I know it must be hard. Hang in there!!

Unknown said...

Jake has been going to the same sitter since he was 12 weeks. The the other day he did the same thing. It was really weird, he usually welcomes her with open arms. I hope your new daycare works out.