Friday, February 20, 2009

Growing Up

Ok so Marissa was "my baby" for so long, almost 9 years. For a long while I thought she would always be the baby. I didn't imagine having anymore kids before I met Ed. Since Marissa was about 4 we have played this silly game just about every morning. Alexis, Marissa and I used to live in an apartment which only had one bathroom so every morning right before I got in to the shower I would wake the girls up and tell them I was getting in the shower and to get up and start getting ready. Every morning Marissa would come in while I was in the shower. As soon as I would hear the door open I would say to her...

ME: Hey who's in here??
Marissa: It's me
Me: Me who??
Marissa : Marissa
Me: Marissa who?
Marissa: Marissa G*****, your daughter
Me: I have a daughter?
Marissa: MOM!!!, yes you have a daughter, you have 2 of them ( after Jilly was born it became 3 of them)!!!!

I know it sounds silly but this went on every single morning until the other day when she came in to the upstairs bathroom while I was showering instead of going downstairs. (guess she was to tired to take the steps down!) I hear the door open and start to play our little "game" She immediately says to me.. "Mom stop it, you know who I'am!" I laughed alittle and then thought to myself how sad it is that she is not such a little baby anymore! :(
Then about a week ago she informed that she probably would move out one day and get married and will most likely have 2 kids. This is after about 6 years of me making her promise that she will NEVER EVER move out of my house and will live with me forever. She had always promised and even pinkie promised. ( Of course i knew it would never really turn out that way, but it was just fun having that little promise between us for a while.) So when she told me all of this I said to her very seriously... Marissa!!! You promised.. I can't believe it, everything is changing and your growing up! What am I going to do now? Who's going to stay with me? She got a sad little look and said... Well ok, I guess "we" ( her , the husband and 2 kids) can all just live here with you! HA HAHAH! I was cracking up! I know it is normal for kids to grow up and have their own lives, but I feel like when the time comes it is going to be devastating for me! I can NOT imagine my life without them in it every single day!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

awww... love that story! i love that she will live with you with her entire family just to make you happy! she's such a sweet girl!