Sunday, March 1, 2009

Father Daughter Sock Hop

Friday was Marissa's school's annual father daughter dance. This year they decided to make it a 50's sock hop which I thought was such a cute idea.

Marissa decided that since Ed has gone with her the last 2 years she would ask her dad to go this time. Surprisingly he actually showed up this time. Late of course but he showed. She said she had a good time. I wish I would have volunteered to serve dinner this year so I could have gotten more pictures of her and her little friends.















.










Marissa told Ed a few weeks ago that he would be her back up just in case. I think sometimes it is hard for her to pick between the two "dads". Poor thing.. she asked me if it would get Ed upset if she asked her dad to go this year instead! She is such a thoughtful 9 year old and always thinks about other people's feelings!



I snapped this one real quick when I dropped Marissa off at the school before they went inside!

She said she had a good time but that next year if it's a sock hop she will stick to rolled up jeans and not a poodle skirt. I thought it looked adorable!

3 comments:

Just Me said...

She looks absolutely adorable in the poodle skirt! That was a cute idea. She seems like a very strong and knowledgeable 9 year-old!

michelle said...

she looks gorgeous!

Tracy's Porch said...

She is so adorable. I meant to comment back when you posted it. I read it in my Google reader but then never made it over to your actual blog.