Friday, March 20, 2009

Heading back down

I'm on my way back down to CHOP in a few minutes. Ed called a little bit ago and said that Jillian did pretty well overnight. They were able to lower her oxygen and are hoping to keep lowering it over the next little while until she is back to breathing on her own. She still hasn't eaten anything since Tuesday, but was able to get down a few ounces of pedialyte last night! The doctor came in and said they are going to try and remove the I.V and see if she will start to eat on her own later today. I'm taking some pasta pick ups down with me just incase all else fails.. they are her very favorite and if the doctor allows it...hopefully she will eat them. I'm assuming they are going to start with a smaller more liquid diet, but when she's ready I want to have something there that she loves!

It seems alot better than when we originally took her in and they were talking about the possibility of moving her to the PICU and inserting a feeding tube. That was scarring the life right out of me! Hopefully things are turning around!

1 comment:

zarnic said...

Keep me posted. You guys are in my prayers.