Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Alexis (12)






















In the middle of all of the chaos with Jillian being sick, Alexis turned 12. She is a St. Patty's day baby. 12 years ago she was born at 1:29 am and has been a night owl since day one! These days she loves sleeping in til noon and being up all night (at home of course) She is very independent and can not wait to get away and go to college. She already has it all planned out. She wants to go to Penn State! Of course I joke with her that that would be wonderful since there is a Penn State campus about 15 minutes from our house, so I say.."that's great, you could live at home and go to college and I could still see you every single day".. then she reminds me that it's the main campus hours away that she wants to go to! LOL.. so funny how at 12 you think you know exactly where your life will go!

The night of her birthday this year Jillian was really sick so we stayed in and she and Ed and Marissa went out for ice cream. I have had a trip planned for she and I for months but didn't tell her what we were doing until the day of her birthday.



In May we are heading to NY for a broad way show and lunch! She seemed thrilled when I told her she could pick the show!

Here are a couple of random shots of her over the last few months. I need to dig up and scan some baby ones because when she was that little I didn't own a digital camera!

It's always so crazy to think about how fast they grow up. Alexis and I have so many personality traits that are the same and so many that are completely different! This makes for an interesting mother/daughter relationship! I wouldn't trade her for anything! in the world!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

She is beautiful! What show are you going to see on Broadway?? That sounds like fun.

Kristen said...

AWw... Happy belated Birthday, Alexis! Hope you enjoyed your day! Sounds like you girls will have so much fun in NYC!!!