Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick Update

I just got back home again from CHOP and things are looking a lot better today. They removed the I.V last night and took her off of the oxygen this morning. She still is not drinking much but ate a small breakfast, lunch and dinner today! If her breathing stays above 90 even while she is sleeping tonight then they will let her come home tomorrow!! Today while she was napping they did fall down to about 85 but hopefully tonight they will stay up, if not it's back on the oxygen. Let's just pray that doesn't happen.

Today I was able to pick her up and she even played a little and smiled.. slowly getting back to her normal self!

As I walked around the hospital over the last few days I came across a lot of little kids that were in serious serious conditions. Some of which had been in the hospital for months! I hope to god I never have to go through anything like this again and I think it takes a very strong person to watch their child go through months of hospitalization and differnt proceedures and treatments. We have only been there since Wednesday and I'm so ready to be done with it and have Jillian home... I can not imagine enduring months of this.

I'm really hoping that tomorrow this will all be over!

3 comments:

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Me said...

Glad to hear things are looking up. I donate money St. Jude's Children Hospital and they send me a profile of a child every month (to continue to guilt me into donating - it works.) I don't know how their families continue every day, I just keep them in my heart and thoughts.

Tracy's Porch said...

Glad to hear this update. I've been thinking about y'all a lot!

It is so hard to see children so very sick. It is one of those "life things" I will never undersatand.