Friday, August 8, 2008

My Best Friend

I have had a rough week with the baby. So the other night all of my frustrations came out in one big mess. Unfortunately all of my frustration got taken out on Ed. I vented "at him" instead of "to him" thinking he would just argue back and we would be mad at each other for a few days and then talk through it all once we had clamed down. Well.... to my surprise it didn't happen that way at all. I got it all out on the table and instead of him arguing over what I was upset about, he just calmy replied and basically said he was sorry. Which for me was really strange. I think he has learned a new way of dealing with me when I'm angry. He is a genius because as soon as he didn't take the position of I was totally wrong and he was right and agreed to try to fix the issues....I felt totally guilty for getting so irate. I felt like a complete jerk!! ( smart guy huh?)I now know 100% that Ed is my very best friend. I think he is the only person in this world that truly understands me and knows how to "deal" with me!! So lucky I have him on my side!











Thanks Ed, I love you!!!

3 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

Hey Stacey, Billy has this way of making me feel super guilty when I let it all out too - he has this super rational way about hom which makes me feel irrational but at the same time makes me feel so lucky to have him!! So I know exactly what you are talking about!! I got your comment on Fightin Mad Mary - let me tell you I love love love her blog!!! and I love reading some of the ones that she links to also!!! Glozell is Jay Lenos #1 fan and she goes to the show like evry day - her blog can be confusing but i like finding her in the audience on jay leno and then reading her blog!! BUT back to Mary - I am just so intrigued by her career and her daily life - did you read far enough back to the concert in the cemetary? The Hollywood Cemetery! Its just neat stuff that makes me wish I lived there too!! Ok obviously I could go on forever! Talk to you soon!!!

Daily dose of Dana said...

I am completely a raging maniac some times! And sometimes he just laughs it off and says you know your something else, but in a nice sweet way not in an annoyed way. I think thats cute, and I think for some reason it makes me laugh at myself and calm down like immediately! I have no idea where he came from but sometimes I feel like he is the only one in the world who can put up with me and handle me, I mean I think even some of my best friends would be like - oh no - we can't go on, and he just has me sooo figured out - maybe even more then I have myself figured out!

zarnic said...

Hey!
You two make a great team. I saw that the first time I met him. He is a great guy and perfect for you.