Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Alexis- Independent, Laid Back ,People Pleaser


Alexis- where has the time gone??? It seems like just yesterday you were barely talking.. walking around telling people to "wewax" (which really meant relax!!). You were such an awesome baby and toddler. I sooo miss those days. Seems like now you hardly need me for anything. Unless of course you need a ride to a friends house!!! You have grown in to an awesome preteen!!! You are the the most laid back person I know! You have a huge heart and think that you need to keep everyone happy. I have watched you stand in front of someone or get a call that something you had looked so forward to is being cancelled, look the person in the face and say "o that's ok", then walk away or hang up the phone and cry your eyes out!! Your ability to make things seems ok for everyone amazes me each time it happens. In some ways I love this quality you have with people, but I hope one day you will realize that you can't make every person 100% happy 100% of the time!! In so many ways I wish I were more like you.


Alexis is so independent!! It is so hard for me to let go and allow her to make all of the decisions on her own, but I know that one day I will have to!


You are an outstanding student and a beautiful girl inside and out. I hope you stay that way forever.


Unlike Marissa, you have never promised that you would live with me forever. Recently Alexis and I had a conversation about college. She said to me, mom I want to go to Penn State and I replied, that's great!!! There is a campus just down the road from here. Then she says.. o no mom I'm not going to that campus. I want to go to the main campus and live in the dorms!!! I should have known better!!! She has always been this way.... always insisting that she can do everything on her own!! I know that I will never have to worry about this one getting through life on her own!!! I have said this before but it is so bitter sweet watching your first child grow up in to a woman!!!










I love this picture. It was from her second year in little league. Look at the determination on her little face!!!






























My little tom boy!!!

No comments: