Monday, July 14, 2008

Marissa 8 3/4

"Someone" was recently telling me that my friend Michelle does a much better job in her blog of expressing how much she loves her kids and how great they are. So.... I decided to try to start doing that more often on here. All through my life our family has not been the best at expressing their feelings for one another eventhough we all know how close we are it has always been hard to say the words! I make sure to tell my kids I love them every day and I always say it before we get off of the phone! I hope that my kids know how much I adore each of them. I;m so happy that I was chosen to be their mother. I wanted to take some time to blog a few pictures of Marissa over the last few years. I recently had a conversation with her about how old she is. I said she was 8 and then she replied that she was 8 and 1/2, then she continued on and asked when would she be 8 and 3/4 and we decided that she already is since she will turn 9 in October.

Marissa is the most passionate person I know. When Marissa is happy the whole world knows, when Marissa is sad again... the whole world knows about it. She is loving and caring and is not afraid to stand up for what she thinks is the right thing. Even if this means going against what an adult might think. This can sometimes get her in to a little bit of trouble. Like recently when grandma Smith was babysitting and they were in disagreement on weather Jillian should sleep with or without a pillow in her cradle. Grandma Smith told her a million times that it wasn't safe but Marissa was insisting that one be put at the bottom of the cradle. Grandma Smith got her way in the end but it was only after explaining to Marissa that the pillow was to soft and Marissa telling her.."That's the point"!!!!

A few days ago I was sitting with Marissa on the couch and she was telling me a story that I was not at all understanding, she turned to me and said..."I'm going to explain this to you one more time". I told her not to talk to me that way and then turned my face towards Ed and realized that we were both cracking up!! She has such a strong will and for many reasons I hope she stays this way throughout life.

One more quick story, last year (second grade) Marissa gets off the bus one day and I could see all over her face that something was wrong, I said Marissa what happened??? She said Mrs. Q made me pull a ticket today.(tickets are pulled for bad behavior and then if you get to many recess is taken away) I said why did you pull a ticket?? She replied that it was time to line up after lunch and all of the kids were getting in line, but Marissa was thirsty and needed to put something in her bag, so instead of just getting in line like the rest of the kids she casually walked over and put her toy away in her bag then walked across the room to the water fountain, which really upset Mrs. Q because they were trying to get back to the classroom on time. When I told Marissa her teacher was right for making her pull a ticket she was looking at me like I was crazy and said.... OH MY GOSH MOM!!!!! You mean Mrs. Q couldn't wait one little second, just one little second???? She could not understand that the world doesn't wait for her and there was a whole class of kids waiting on her!!! I thought this was hilarious!!!




























































First day of Kindergarten































Such a cute smile and one of the loves of my life!!!





















Being her silly self. This picture was taken one day after she came home from camp. Marissa just got in to this crazy position and started talking to me about her day. What a whacko!!!








































































Sometimes it almost brings me to tears looking at these old pictures of her because eventhough right now she swears she is never going to leave home and is going to live with me FOREVER... I know the day will come when she will move on.

3 comments:

michelle said...

i love the blog, love the pictures of you all and i love ALL of the entries.
dont go comparing yourself to "anyone". we know how much you love you kids, and more importantly... your kids know just how much you love them. so keep doing what you are doing!! ;)

Memories of us said...

Tahnks Michelle, some people are so rude!!! (it was Jenny that said that) HA! HA!

Kristen said...

Awww, Stacie! I love all that you had to write about Marissa, and I am SURE that there is plenty more where that came from! I cannot believe that the girl is almost 9, where does the time go!? She is so adorable and sweet! Very cute pictures!!