Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Great Alien Debate

Ok everyone, the ongoing debate in our house (this has been going on for at least the last 4 years) is over whether or not there is life on other planets! One of us says there most definitely is and one of us says hell no.. are you crazy?

I don't want to post yet which of us (Ed or me) thinks which way because I want to get people's honest opinions on what you think.

One of us says that there are thousands of planets that we as humans have never been to so obviously there has to be some form of life on at least one of them and the other just laughs and says yea.. ok and I guess soon the little green men will be here on earth trying to abduct us for research! HA HA HA!!

One of us says don't you know that 1/2 of the people on earth agree with me that there is life on other planets.. and again the other one laughs and says yea... "the 50% of the earths population that is certifiably nuts"!!












So.. IF you are reading this and even IF you have never ever commented on my blog before, please let me know what you think..... even if you want to make an anonymous comment that is fine by me! I just want to prove that more people will side with me than with Ed!! Let's see what happens. In a few days I will post which of us thinks which way, just so everyone knows! Thanks in advance for your opinions!!!

13 comments:

michelle said...

one of u seriously believes in aliens??????????????????????? oh dear lord. i was in bed all snuggled, had a cereal craving and got out of bed for to read THIS? stacie!!!!!! i need some good posts, NOT about aliens!

Kristen said...

I think I know who thinks what just by the tone of this post.... I'll keep it to myself for now. Let me just say, I'm not sure if I believe in all that "craziness" but members of my family do. Who knows... all I know is that if I ever see one, I will die of cardiac arrest. Not kidding!

Memories of us said...

So I guess that is a "no way in hell" from Michelle and a neutral from Kristen! LOL

Anonymous said...

I have to say i dont think so at all -- but i could be wrong. I am saying no for my vote. I think it will be interesting to see what others think. --leslie

Tracy's Porch said...

I think "no" and don't really believe in aliens. But - I'm with Kristen - don't really want to see one if they are out there.

anonymous said...

Only the arrognace of the human race would think amoung the thousands of galaxies, billions of stars and infinant number of planets that orbit those stars, would we be alone in the universe. The fact of the matter is if you look at the history of earth, we most likely were seeded from another race or humans were altered from existing life here all ready (missing link?). Or maybe God Zapped earth and plopped down Adam and Eve and that how it all started. Yeah, thats it.

anonymous said...

At one time we thought the world was flat, the we thought that the earth was the center of the universe. How and why would people be so close minded?

Merry Jo said...

God did create Adam and Eve, and humans are His most special creation. He could have also created life on another planet, but I don't think so. The thing I can't understand is WHO CARES??? Why are the US and other countries spending billions and billions of dollars trying to find out? Couldn't that be better used here on earth to help the HUMANS here?
~ Merry Jo :)

michelle said...

i love merry jo!! as for anonymous...i wont even go there. if you cant put a name with what you believe in, then.. who cares.

Memories of us said...

anonymous #1, I know who you are!!!! HA HA HA. It took me all of about 2 seconds to figure that one out.. as for anonymnous #2.. I have my suspicions!!!!

Jeff said...

Yeah I can tell what side you are on in this argument. lol But I will keep that to myself too. I think the galaxy is way too big for us to be alone. I'm thinking there's got to be something out there. And I would like to know if there is. And these are good opinions on here. A lot of theories in the past have been proven wrong. So who knows what to believe until we find out.
And I'm just going to quote Tina Fey from SNL when she said, "64% of Americans believe that George Bush is bad for the country, while the other 36% believe that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church."

Kristen said...

Could anonymous #1 be Ed??

Memories of us said...

good guess Kristen but no it is not Ed, however it is a man!