Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Last 20 Years




I saw this little thing on a blog I came across a while ago and decided to post it on mine.

20 years ago I was 12 and in the 6th grade. Rachel, my life long best friend was already established. She is still my best friend today. We had a sleep over at my house almost every Friday while I babysat my brother and sister! I had big puffy hair and was just starting my journey in to puberty!

15 years ago I was a jr in high school. I cared very litttle about my grades and very much about my social life!! I worked a part time job at Taco Bell and lived for my time spent with friends!!

10 years ago I was 22. Young but still responsible. I had just gotten out of the Air force and was living in Hawaii with my ex husband and Alexis. she was less than 2 years old and I was a stay at home mom!!! Marissa was not even thought of yet!


5 years ago, my divorce from my first marriage was finalized and the girls and I were living in a little apartment near my moms house! I had two crappy paying jobs, but we were all still happy and healthy! I met Ed that summer and had butterflies in my stomach every time I saw him!!


Yesterday I worked all day and then spent the evening with the girls while Ed worked!


Today, I'm married to the sweetest man on earth and we have 3 beautiful girls! I'm off from work today with the kids (they are off for election day) and we are headed out for a movie and maybe some lunch!

Tomorrow I'm reliving old times and going to a NKOTB concert with Rachel!!!


If your reading this, please post your last 20 years on your blog... I would love to see how other peoples lives have twisted and turned!!

7 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

I AM SO GOING HOME TO DIG UP SOME PICS FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA! lOVE IT! lOVE THE PICS TOO - THEY ARE SO CUTE!

Dale said...

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
[Rap:] Just get on the floor and do the New Kids' dance.
Don't worry 'bout nothing 'cause it won't take long.
[Rap:] We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, 'cause you gotta be
Hangin' tough, hangin' tough, hangin' tough.
[Rap:] We're rough.

.... What a Dork .... ;-)

Memories of us said...

OK Dale.. I'm the dork??? You are one of the only men I know willing to admit that you actually know the words to that song!!!lol

michelle said...

oh my god, dale DEFINITELY is a dork~!! :)

but cute post. i dont have pics to scan from 20 years ago.. or DO i?

michelle said...

and man, u sure do get alot of time off of work after just going back!!

Tracy's Porch said...

My guess is Dale googled the words. He can't remember lyrics to save his life. Or he is a closet fan.

But, yes, still WAY dorky!

I'll have to do this later when I am not so sleepy. I do have pix from that far back but no scanner...hmm...

Memories of us said...

Just so everyone knows...none of my pics were from 20 years ago. The oldest one at the top was about 5 years ago!!