Saturday, October 11, 2008

Baby Sitting "S"

Thursday was another day off from work and school. Once again it was a Jewish Holiday and since the kids were going to be home, I took the day off from work! Fortunately for Alexis one of my friends from work did not have a sitter for the day. He agreed to let "hire" Alexis for the job under my supervision. (afterall she is only 11) This ended up working out great! "S" got dropped off a little before 8 that morning. Alexis actually got herself up and out of bed and was waiting for him about an hour before he showed up. This is really unusual for her because normally she sleeps right through her alarm and I end up having to get up and drag her out of bed!
Alexis and "S" got along great (which is usually the case with Alexis and little boys, with her being a tomboy and in to sports and all things boy, she was a great babysitter for him) They spent a good couple of hours playing Mario Kart on the Wii. I kept saying to him.. Aren't you getting tired of that yet?
Then Alexis got out the craft box and they made little pumpkin people!
"S" brought over a bag that had a bunch of little cars in it. He told us what a big nascar fan he was. Jillian was just dying to get her little hands on these!
Then it was off to the park. Of course Jillian spent most of the time in her favorite swing people watching!




They all played some soccer and then hung out on the playground.
"S" was an easy little guy to babysit for! Alexis made $20 and was thrilled! I don;t think she had any idea it was a paid job! She makes an outstanding sitter!!

1 comment:

Tracy's Porch said...

Way to go, Alexis. I used to make a lot of money babysitting. I think I started at age 12 for kids in my neighborhood.