Thursday, October 30, 2008

World Series Champs

THE PHILLIES FINALLY WON!!!!!
And guess who was there to see it all??? ... Yep you know it... he was in his glory!!


He only had to wait 28 years!! Ed was just telling me the other night that the last time the Phillies won the world series he was 4 years old and had no memory of it!!



























I was at home last night when they won. We live a good hour from the stadium but that didn't matter. People here were going crazy. There were a ton of people out in the street honking their horns and screaming. The fire house down the street had their sirens going off. It was insane.
Tomorrow we are all taking the day off and heading down to the parade. I'm even letting the girls take the day off from school which in this house NEVER happens!!! I think Alexis was shocked today when I called her to tell her!! They are estimating that there will be at least a million people at the parade tomorrow. I hate crowds but I figure this will be a once in a lifetime experience and I don't want the kids to miss out!!

3 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

wasn't it crazy!!!!!! It was crazy over here too - 5 points was literally filled with people and no one could drive through it!!! He is so lucky to have been there, its nice to see some real pics!!!

Tracy's Porch said...

Exciting!!! Congrats. It reminds me of the time UT won the National Championship in 2005. We went nuts and this city went nuts. It was so fun!

zarnic said...

HEY! Z was at the game, too. He said it was amazing. He said after sitting in the rain on Monday night, the win made it all worth it. Our crazy husbands!!!