Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to Work

My time is up!!!! I can't believe how fast my almost 6 months of maternity leave has flown by. It seems like just yesterday Ed and I were anxiously waiting for Jillian's arrival. Trying to decide what colors to paint her room, which items we wanted on the baby registry and even wondering if she would be a boy or girl! It was a little rough getting her here, but I'm certainly glad now that we did not stop trying!!








































It has been tough these last few days knowing that I won;t be with her all day and that I may very well miss a lot of her "firsts". Just writing about it now is making me cry! As much as I would love to be with her, I know I do not make a great stay at home mom and I need to go back to work!
















































I will miss seeing her cute little face all day long. Let's say a little prayer that the daycare works out and she is happy there because I'm dreading tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

I'm feeling for you. I know it must be hard. I'll say that little prayer for you and hope you both have a great day.

I have a great respect for you working moms. I don't know how you work and then go home and change back to wife and mom and still find your "me" time.

Tracy's Porch said...

I came back to check in and see if you posted any news from your first day back at work. I was thinking about you and hope all went great!

Jeff said...

I love that picture of her with her baseball hat on. haha Too cute. Good luck with everything.

michelle said...

i was thinking about you monday wondering when u were going back. how is it going? love the pics of jillian!

i know you.. and as much as you miss jilly, u will see how much you NEED the adult interaction where you do more than just talk about "kid updates"..