Thursday, September 18, 2008

Random

So today I saw that Tracy (www.gundysporch.blogspot.com) gave me an award. Thanks Tracy! It has been hard to find time to keep up with this blog since I returned to work.

So today I get to the daycare to pick up Jillian and am a little annoyed because she's laying in a crib wide awake, with spit up all over her clothes and a diaper full of crap. This is the second time I went to visit or picked her up and she had a dirty diaper. This transition back to work has been a bit rough for me. I realize that today there were 6 other babies (2 years and below) at the daycare with her, but it still annoys me when I get there and she is a mess! I probably should have said something while I was there today, but I don't want them to get irritated with me and then in turn take it out on her! Who knows maybe I just need to get used to the fact that no one is going to take care of my baby the way I would!

She has had a little cold for the past few days which has made me feel even more guilty for dropping her off at daycare! In October she will be finished at my work's back up center and on to the permanent daycare so hopefully I will LOVE it there! (Good luck to me on that one!)

On a more positive note... The first day I went back to work, I got home and came in to see a vase of white roses with a sweet card from Ed thanking me for being a great mom and being home for the last 6 months to take care of Jillian! How sweet!

One more day of work and we are off for a little mini vacation to OC! Can't wait!!!

One last thing... Ed mentioned to me the other night that maybe he should start a sports blog. If you ask me this has disaster written all over it. He is such a die hard Philly fan that I can only imagine that it would take one rude little comment about the Eagles, Flyers or Phillies to send him over the edge in blog land! He absolutely can not stand for someone to live here and root for a different team. I could see him making a ton of enemies this way, which is sort of funny because in real life I can't think of anyone that doesn't like him... I guess we will see if he goes through with it!! :)

3 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

So sorry things are not going as well as you would hope with Jillian. I can totally understand your frustration. Hang in there!

michelle said...

u have every right to be mad about daycare. there is NO EXCUSE for that. esp if they know when you are arriving to get her. u would think they would especially make sure she "Ready" to get home. i would bring it up to them in a nice way. the 2nd time picking her up with a dirty diaper is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! (i kinda sound like super nanny, huh?)

have fun this weekend
and the roses... how SWEET of ed!!
love him.

Unknown said...

Going back to work is the worst thing EVER!!! I was really lucky to find a great lady who babysits out of her house. Jake and her own son are the only kids she takes. She is so good to email me pictures while I am at work and he is always happy or sleeping when I show up to get him. I guess I am so lucky to have found her. I hope things go better for you in the other day care. It's true no matter how good they are, they will never take care of your children like you do. It gets easier.