Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend in Ocean City, NJ

We spent last weekend in Ocean city with Grandma Smith. She has been going to this same place for about the last 8 years. The woman that owns the house is so nice and always lets the girls borrow bikes, skateboards and toys for the sand! While we were there we met up with an old friend. Rick drove down from MD to meet up with us. We haven't seen him since Thanksgiving so it was nice catching up!

























The water was only at about 60 degrees so I didn't let the girls swim. Boy were they irritated!!!
























We did spend sometime on the boardwalk and getting on rides!





























Sunday morning we got up early and took a bike ride along the board walk. I wish I could do this every morning!

















































My friend Rachel gave us this baby carrier a while back and we decided to try it out. Jillian absolutely loved it. I guess because it puts her higher up than in her stroller and she can see everything!























What fun is Ocean City without a stop at Mack and Manco's pizza?? Ed and Rick waiting in line for pizza!

























Ed was so happy to take Jillian on her first carousel ride. He is such a proud dad!









Ed and I ended up with the cold that Jillian picked up last week. It has not been fun around here. Both of us sick and trying to take of the baby has been a little rough. Yesterday Marissa had to go to a follow up appointment for her collar bone. Thank goodness for Grandma Smith. She took Marissa to her appointment and even brought us back some dinner. I was so glad not to have to cook! Jillian and I took the day off today and it was so nice being at home with her even though I feel like crap!

4 comments:

Tracy's Porch said...

Looks like a fun weekend. I loved wearing the Baby Bjorn with Ashley and she loved it also. She would just kick her legs and babble. It was a good work-out also.

I was wondering if this week was going any better with work and daycare but looks like y'all have been sick. Bummer!

michelle said...

i dont think the bjorn ever fit me! maybe this time around. i always made todd wear it. my kids were in it from 6 weeks on i think! u should have used it during jillians colicky stage!

anyway im DYYYYING for mack and manco's now!!!!

great pics!

Tracy's Porch said...

I had a bjorn that extended nicely :-) I wouldn't let skinny Dale wear it because I didn't want my perfect setting messed up on it.

Stacie, Dale did tell me about the reunion. We have talked a lot about it and hope that it works to make it a mini getaway for us. keep your fingers crossed that all the cards fall the right way. I told Dale I feel like I know you and Michelle now from blogging and would love to see y'all.

Hope things are going better with Jillian. And you are right no one does it as well as momma :-)

And yes, I call it SAHM (pronunced Sam).

Kristen said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! OC NJ is my fav place! Love Mack and Mancos!!!